For immediate release
New York Press Office: 917-923-8245, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK, August 27, 2020 —Reporters covering Hurricane Laura are encouraged to contact the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I) for interviews and analysis.
Hurricane Laura made landfall this morning as a Category 4 storm near Cameron, Louisiana. It was the seventh named storm to make landfall in the continental U.S. in 2020. Hurricanes Hanna and Isaias as well as Tropical Storms Bertha, Cristobal, Fay, and Marco were the others.
The Triple-I subject matter experts listed below can discuss hurricane-related auto, homeowners, renters, and business insurance coverage issues while also providing claims-filing tips.
- Janet Ruiz, CPCU, AIM, Director, Strategic Communications: 707-490-9365; email@example.com
- Mark Friedlander, Director, Corporate Communications: 904-806-7813, firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Davis, Southeast Regional Media Relations Representative: 770-331-9279; email@example.com
- Scott Holeman, Director, Media Relations: 212-346-5566; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Barry, Head of Media and Public Affairs: 917-923-8245; email@example.com
- Loretta Worters, Vice President, Media Relations: 917-208-8842; firstname.lastname@example.org
Catastrophes: Insurance Issues
Brochure: Settling Insurance Claims After A Disaster
Spotlight on Flood Insurance
Facts About Flood Insurance
Recovering from a Flood
What Are Hurricane Deductibles?
FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
Triple-I’s Hurricane Laura Update—Thursday, Aug. 27, 2020
Triple-I Tips During Evacuation Orders
Triple-I’s Resilience Accelerator
The Triple-I has a full library of educational videos on its YouTube Channel. Information about Triple-I mobile apps can be found here.